Summertime vacations also referred to as summer vacations or summer time breaks are a form of a holiday which occurs usually in summer seasons within school years. During this break, students and instructors are off school typically between 8 to 14 weeks, depending on the country, school, and district.
In most countries, summer breaks last between 2 to 3 months.
If you are a parent, unless you are traveling or holidaying away with your kids, then there is this usual predicament of entertainment, managing to still get work and house errands done, making sure siblings don’t kill each other and trying to spend some quality time together as a family.
All this brings fear and panics to most parents. But when you get it right, school holidays can be a lovely time for everyone.
Below we would look at some few ways to enjoy holiday seasons without stressing yourself.
All Inclusive Vacations
Anyone with kids knows that vacationing can be a part pleasure and part work. You may get to enjoy yourself a little more than you do at home, but you still need to organize meals and activities and provide basic care while you’re away. Fortunately, that is where an all-inclusive vacation comes in.
An all-inclusive vacation is a form of vacation with cost all billed. That is meals, drinks, golf, tours, motorized water sports, etc.
The term “all-inclusive” began in 1950 with Club Med were single people looking for something different and fun were to pay a one-time fee and had their vacation package covered. The package included airfare, accommodations, meals, drinks and all other activities.
Today, the all-inclusive option is the board basis for many resorts and hotels and normally means all meals, drinks, and others.
Apple Vacations packs just about everything in an all-inclusive vacation package — including transportation, hotel stay, meals, and drinks. Vacationers love the financial predictability of all-inclusive getaways because the ‘one price buys all’ means you get to leave your wallet at home.
Almost everything on the hotel grounds and beach area is included in the All Inclusive price.
Most families consider taking summer camps also known as sleep-away camp as a means of enjoying holidays without stress. Summer camps have supervised a program for children or teenagers conducted during the summer months in some countries.
Children and adolescents who attend summer camp are known as campers. Summer school is usually a required academic curriculum for a student to make up work not accomplished during the academic year, whereas summer camps can include academic work, but is not a requirement for graduation.
The traditional view of a summer camp as a woody place with hiking, canoeing, and campfires is changing, with greater acceptance of newer types of summer camps that offer a wide variety of specialized activities. For example, there are camps for the performing arts, music, magic, computer programming, language learning, mathematics, children with special needs, and weight loss.
In 2006, the American Camp Association reported that 75 percent of camps added new programs. This is large to counter a trend in decreasing enrollment in summer camps, which some argue to have been brought about by smaller family sizes and the growth in supplemental educational programs. There are also religiously affiliated summer camps, such as those run by Christian groups and various denominations of Judaism.
The primary purpose of summer camps is to educate, inspire and entertain children. A summer camp environment may allow children to learn new skills in a safe and nurturing environment.
Camps are big places. Usually, they are based in wooded, remote areas with lots of space to play. It’s normal to have lakes and swimming pools at camp. Counselors and Campers typically share accommodation, which will come in the shape of a cabin or a platform tent.
Campers will be split into age groups and will remain in this group for their time at camp. It will be the Counselor’s role to lead their age group through cabin clean up, getting to their activities and organizing small games or things to do during break times.
Camps will come in various types and sizes. Types of camps can include Faith Camps, Special Needs Camps, Sport Based Camps or Not for Profit Camps. No matter the type of camp, all will have the same vision to make every camper’s summer the best they’ve ever had.
Summer camps have become a big thing over the past few years with every activity catered for. So it doesn’t matter if your youngsters are sports enthusiasts or budding computer geniuses, there will be an activity somewhere in the province to suit them.
If you’re a mother or father who is more concern about various sorts of travel opportunities for yourself and your child? Then there is something you need to know called house sitting.
What is house sitting?
By house sitting, I mean getting free accommodation in return for you caring for a homeowner’s house and/or pets. House sitting is the simplest and the easiest way of securing an accommodation for free. House sitting is available in more than 45 countries around the world.
You can learn more about house sitting from this site. Trustedhousesitters.com.
Why consider house sitting?
- Free lodging – Searching for the fees for renting a cottage or villa appropriate for a circle of relatives may be enough to put a stop to holiday dreams. But imagine if all you had to pay for was the travel to get there. Trustedhousesitters.com offers many house sitting opportunities in family homes around the world – from the UK to Australia. It’s a great way to enjoy a budget family holiday with free accommodation.
- No more peak season constraints – Having school-age children mean you are confined to travel during school holidays when prices are highest. Fortunately, house sitting overcomes this as most opportunities fall during these times when the homeowners are going away too.
- Save cost on eating out – House sits usually come with a good kitchen and nearby food markets to find local produce. Not only does this mean you save money on taking the family to eat out every day but makes it easier to accommodate those fussy eaters.
- No Weather Problem – there is nothing more frustrating than being stuck in a hotel room with children in the rain – having the run of a great house sit with all the mod-cons means you can relax and enjoy the home comforts if the weather turns bad.
- Escape the tourist traps – house sitting helps avoid the usual resorts and can introduce you and your children to interesting local communities. By getting off-the-beaten-track, you all probably discover a far more unique adventure than you ad finds in any guidebook and you can go home feeling that you have given the children an education!
- Acquire special friends – as the majority of a house sits include pets to care for, what could be more fun for the kids to enjoy having a new puppy to play with or a cat to stroke?
School holidays can be a very difficult time for parents, especially working parents. Balancing work with childcare is not an easy task and often expensive.
Even if you are home, keeping children entertained throughout vacation period can indeed be tough, especially in raining seasons when the weather is bad and going out is more challenging.
Anyway if you are in this situation, there is a way out. It is called home tuition.
What is home tuition?
Home tuition is the act of teaching children directly from home. Some use the word home education whiles others prefer homeschooling. But in general, it means teaching children directly from home. You can read more about this here.
Why is it necessary?
- Because most Kids are struggling: Kids these days have a lot of on their plates. With school, extra-curricular activities, sports, and other commitments, staying on top of their grades can often be a source of stress. One of the most obvious and common reasons families opt for home tuition is the fact that parents are receiving poor reports cards from school.
Unfortunately, however, many families wait until their children are severely behind before they consider home tuition. Home tuition can be done by yourself if you have time available or you can hire a private tutor to help out.
- Because most kids are performing well: Unlike the first reason where a kid might be struggling, most families have kids who are performing well at school. With these families, parents receive excellent report cards from school and because they want to make sure it stays that way they consider home tuition. It is important to know that families who consider home tuition as a normal routine aspect of their children’s education usually end up with very academically prepared children, and these are the kids who go ahead to achieve great things in life.
For tips on how to hire a good private tutor, check this out How to get a good private tutor.
- Because they lack Confidence: Often times when you speak with student especially those falling behind, one thing is common. Discouragement and lack of self-confidence. Perhaps their teachers have told them they’re not good or maybe they have been teased at school and as such feel ashamed for not living up to their parent’s expectations.
In this case, considering home tuition is not only an option but a must in helping your child improves his/her confidence. This is especially important when kids are on vacation and they have lots of time at hand. You can personally become their cheerleader or hire a tutor to keep them upbeat and positive about all things they can do in life.
Now that exam is over and schools are breaking. Lots of parents around the world are thinking to themselves, “What am I going to do with these kids?”
Sure, there are games to play, movies to watch, and friends to hang out with.
But there are equally other productive things to do during these holidays season.
So instead of panicking and worrying about what to do, why not work out a plan with your kids
It is important to consider all options available so you can make the best choice possible.
It is also equally important to have a game plan not just for you as parents but also for the kids and everyone involved so they will know roughly what is going to happen and when.
Share with us ways you’ve plan to enjoy this holiday seasons with your family.